Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MapCrunch

So my friend just exposed me to MapCrunch. It uses Google Maps but removes the ability to really see where you are specifically and where you're going. When you start, you are thrown into a random place in the world. You can then freely explore as you please, or play the game of trying to find an airport.

It's odd that something so simple is fairly addicting. It gives an odd "survivor" feel if you are trying to search for an airport. Aside from that, it's interesting to see the architecture and layouts of different cities. You can find some pretty amazing buildings and can simply enjoy exploring places you'd likely never visit. I found myself admiring some person's lawn for a good five minutes, or wondering what this silo-looking building is inside a residential district.

If you're looking for some random exploration, MapCrunch is a simple but interesting pass-time. Just hit the green "GO!" button. I didn't think I'd like blindly wandering around in a random spot of the world, but I found myself enjoying it quite a bit. Now off to go look at some more interesting neighborhoods!

No comments:

Post a Comment